Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Unforgettable: Meeting the Elite Runners

Karen, 6 years in SRLA - Camino Nuevo High School #2

Meeting Sarah and Ryan Hall was an unforgettable experience because my teammates and I got to meet one of the most amazing runners in the world. This was an opportunity that not many runners have the chance to ask for advice, have their signatures, stretch, run, and even watch them run. I especially enjoyed the fact that they made us feel welcomed and made us feel as if we had known them for years. Lastly, it was great to know that they were proud of all of the hard work that we put in the last seven months.

Ever since I met Sarah and Ryan, I've rediscovered the initial reason to why I run marathons. I run because I am passionate about this sport and I indulge every moment with it. Although I might dedicate each mile to someone special, deep down I know that I do this sport because its what my heart most desires. Most importantly, these two awesome runners motivated me to keep having a positive mind and to never give up on my dreams. In a runner's world, there is no such word as "impossible". On March 15, 2015, I will run the Asics LA Marathon with my SRLA team, finish strong, and reach my goal in finishing in 4 hours and 45 minutes.   


#SarahandRyanareawesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment